We think and dream big to push boundaries and to grow fast, and today we are a team of +50 professionals committed to serving over 400 logistics, food, pharmaceutics and other customers globally. Through our pioneering cloud-based monitoring technology, we at Logmore are on a mission of making supply chains transparent, ensuring product safety as well as minimizing waste for enterprises and consumers. Logmore enables the gathering of data from shipments and effective organisation, storing and distribution of it. With the help of Logmore Cloud and dynamic QR data loggers we are able to convert complexity and stress into knowledge and peace of mind.
Your role as the Senior Backend Developer
You'll be involved in the development of Logmore Cloud Platform. The Cloud is both the brains and the beating heart of the Logmore service, so your work will be seen and felt by all our customers and users.
Your main work will focus on developing new functionality on Logmore Cloud Platform with heavy focus on RESTful APIs and managing data from Logmore logger devices. Depending on your experience, skillset and interests, you can also focus on the frontend application parts.
Our Cloud setup consists of micro services mainly written in Go language. These services deal with tasks like MongoDB and Redis queues while providing our integrating customers API capabilities. You'll develop APIs and event handlers to maximise both the functionality and the efficiency of the Logmore service.
Your work also intersects with DevOps topics. You will fluently use Docker containers and sometimes deal with CircleCI, Kubernetes and AWS.
Obviously the work is not all coding, though. You'll start your day in the daily team meeting to sync things with other developers, and use Jira as your compass for development tasks. You will be involved in meetings and planning sessions to create specifications for new features with developer colleagues as well as members of the Customer Success and Sales teams. In order to succeed in a fast growing company like Logmore, we value good communications and problem solving skills.
What will you be doing
- Develop and maintain Logmore Cloud services
- Work with large datasets in databases optimising performance and latency
- Collaborate with agile team in software development on data visualisation and dashboards
- Take part in defining next steps in scaling our Cloud services for ever growing audience by participating in our DevOps activities
Qualities that will ensure your success in the role
- 5+ years experience in software development preferably with RESTful APIs in container environments
- An attitude for delivering results in a fast-paced environment. We are out to change the world!
- You learn fast and eagerly. You are eager to question things and approach unknowns
- Mindset of coaching other team members and sharing best practises
- Strong communication skills in English (Finnish is a nice bonus)
- Strong experience working with and creating RESTful APIs
- Experience in backend languages & technologies (we use Go, Laravel, MongoDB, Redis)
- Some familiarity with the DevOps tech in our stack: Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, CircleCI
Technical background that would suit this position
- Vue.js / React.js
- Infrastructure as a code
So why Logmore?
- You'll have the opportunity to work as part of a fast-growing, international and ambitious team with a warm and friendly atmosphere
- Get to work with our top-level developers. We know how to make things happen! We are also on the cutting edge of technology both on the software and hardware side.
- Create a real impact and grow along with the company – you get to join us at an extremely interesting time.
- See your handiwork in scaling up the organisation
- Make the world smarter: reduce the amount of waste, make logistics operations more efficient and build more transparent supply chains